Ms Angelica Kavouni MD FRCS, EBOPRAS
Entrusting your face and figure in the hands of another person is no easy task. But Angeli-ca Kavouni’s long list of loyal clientele proves that plenty have the faith to do so. She un-derstands that superlative results require a winning formula of the right products, proce-dures and technology – and only invests in equipment with convincing scientific efficacy.
Angelica continues to fuel her passion and further her learning outside the walls of her clinic. Aware it sometimes seems the science evolves faster than the ageing process, she frequently attends seminars and lectures to stay clued-up on the industry and ensure her treatments are bang-up-to-date. She additionally shares her cosmetic surgery know-how via articles published in medical journals. Kosmesis Skin Clinic, also based at 129 Harley Street, is Angelica’s second brainchild: a one-stop skincare destination where she takes on the hands-on role of Medical Director.
With an end goal to refresh not change, Angelica has helped hundreds of women – partic-ularly those seeking body contouring and looking to restore their yummy mummy status – feel the best version of themselves again.
As a surgical fellow I had been fascinated with the art of plastic and cosmetic surgery. It represents an excellent way of blending the aesthetic principles of the Hellenic cultural heritage with modern medicine! However I feel that cosmetic procedures are not to be tak-en lightly. There is a lot of responsibility and a great challenge to create a pleasing result. It can be a life-changing experience but only when it is performed for the right reasons.
Areas of particular interest
- Short scar facelift
- Labiaplasty with or without fat transfer
- Tummy tuck
- Breast reduction/uplift
- Silhouette Soft threadlift
- Liposculptre and post-pregnancy ‘Yummy Mummy’ surgery: stomach and breasts com-bination
- Abdominoplasty and body contouring after weight loss
- Labiaplasty and labial rejuvenation
- Minimal-access facial surgery: short scar face lifts and thread lifts
- Skin rejuvenation including fillers and chemical peels
- Mastopexy (to enhance breasts)
- Graduated from the medical school of Thessaloniki in Greece and continued postgradu-ate studies in the UK on a scholarship from the Erasmus European Institute
- Trained in plastic surgery in NHS hospitals in London
- Following her certification she specialised in cosmetic surgery as a fellow at the Institute of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery at Stamford Hospital
- Worked as an associate cosmetic surgeon to Jan Stanek for two years
- Completed a doctoral thesis (MD) on growth hormone and wound healing for the Univer-sity of Thessaloniki
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
- Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBO-PRAS)
- Member of the Hellenic and International Federation of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aes-thetic Surgery (IPRAS)
- Listed on the General Medical Council specialist register for Plastic Surgery
- GMC: 4002006